Friday, February 22, 2008

Quiet, Yet Eventful

I know I haven't been on here much this past week. I apologize to those of you who check often to see what's going on with us. Things have been fairly quiet, yet eventful around here (what an oxymoron), so there really hasn't been anything to share that would hold the interest of the readers. As a family, I feel lately as if we're all standing on a log in the middle of a big lake and all of us are trying our hardest to keep our balance so that we don't tumble in. We've got constant movement going on, but we're not really getting anywhere or doing anything productive except keeping ourselves afloat.

It's been an emotionally rough week for us as well. We've been very concerned about Werner the past two weeks and now that he's home and regaining his strength, that emotional stress is slowly being relieved. My husband is going through an extremely difficult time at work right now and that is taking it's toll on all of us. There is so much uncertainty and time pressures and workload issues that are just piling up. I am finding myself running back to the Lord on a constant basis asking for yet another reassurance that He is in control of all of this. We believe that the current course of events is His plan for us, but I do feel like Abraham sometimes when he was asked to go to the mountain with his only son to sacrifice him. Abraham had to keep reassuring his son that God would provide the sacrifice in time. God is asking us to take steps of faith that are terribly difficult to comprehend in our human minds and I need to believe that He will provide!

We've also had vehicle issues the last two weeks that culminated over the weekend with us realizing that our van has major transmission issues. It was towed out of our garage to Werner's Auto on Monday, the same day that Fred took his van in because it needed a new axle. As a result, except for Stephen going to school three days this week, the boys and I have not left this house! While I'm happy to stay at home in this cold and snowy weather, it sure would be nice to restock on some groceries, go pick up my mail, or go visit someone!

I could go on, but it does little good to complain! I have so many things to be thankful for! Grandma helped me realize early on that no matter how bad things are in life, there is always someone worse off so we have a lot to be thankful for! I would ask, though, that after you are finished reading this, you would pray for our family; for my husband and myself in particular. The load of this life seems overwhelming just now. Thank you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course, Mar! That's one of the great uses of this blog...to let us know when your burdens are getting heavy...

Anonymous said...

You and your family area always in our prayers! We'll just be a bit more intensive with them.
Aren't you thankful that God never gives us a bushel of faith when we become His child, that is to last us a lifetime? Tink of how quickly we'd run out of faith! I just thank Him that he always gives us just a little bit MORE than we need at any given time. Must be all those prayers that others send our way. Love and blessings

liz said...

I'm praying for each of you!

GramS said...

Now after my computer problems are a bit more settled, I have more time to read and respond to blogs. As I read this, I really kept thinking of Grandma P. and how much this sounded like something she would write, and when I got to the bottom, you even quoted her! She would sometimes say "when it rains, it pours". Just keep the umbrella (to God's word) pointed up so you can be protected from the stormy rainfall. You're always in our prayers! Love, Mom