Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Timothy's Surprise

Maybe this isn't appropriate to post on here, but it cracked me up this morning and I'm going to share it anyway.

Timothy had a little flatulance issue this morning. He was running across the kitchen when it blew. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked around with such surprise! "Mommy! Did you hear that someping? Did that noise just come from me?! What happened?!" He kept turning around trying to see his behind to figure out what had just taken place behind him. It was so funny to watch him trying to figure out what had happened. I had a hard time keeping a straight face trying to explain it to him.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the surprised innocence of this experience will not last and before long, these occassions will be happening with purposed frequency and no more innocence. For now, I will enjoy the humor of the situation with my little boy.

4 comments:

LindaSue said...

If someone in our house does a "stinky toot," my kids fight over which one did it...even if it wasn't that specific person! "I did a stinky toot!" "No, I did the stinky toot!" "No, it was me!"

We just sit back and laugh, especially if it was one of us :D

Anonymous said...

Timothy obviously takes after his maternal grandmother's side of the family! Looking forward to seeing all of you soon.

PS My daughter had her brothers convinces that she never had that problem!

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

It's a BOY thing!
Mine blow on each other's bellies, arms, legs, foreheads and yell "I phooted you, I phooted you".

Usually when I am on the phone I get "Hey Mommy did you hear my phoot?"

Martha, I'm having trouble potty training Nolan... any suggestions?

Martha said...

a.Peg, your daughter can't deny it now! It's been confessed.

ohio_momto3boys ... my only advice is DON'T PUSH IT! For everyone's sake. I regret pushing it so hard on Stephen. I decided not to force it on Timothy and he trained himself in about three days, including night time!! I was prepared for another nightmare experience, but wow! Not a bit of a struggle. Of course, I believe personality has a lot to do with it, too, but still, I would wait until he's really ready.