Tuesday, November 6, 2007

First Snow Fall

I wanted to post about the excitement the boys had this afternoon when they saw the first snow fall of the year. I wanted to portray the thrill of the change of seasons that they were showing. I wanted to use words that made my readers appreciate the joy of youth that comes from experiencing that first snow. I wanted to leave a feeling of anticipation of the season to come.

Instead, I will say nothing.
Instead, I will use a well-worn cliche' that says a picture is worth a thousand words.
Instead, I will ask you to click on the link to the left that says "Liz".
Instead, I will promise you that the pictures there will make you smile!

Some other day I'm sure I will write about the joy of the boys' experiences in the snow, but for now, Taylor and Laurel have captured that excitement for the rest of us! Thanks, you guys!

2 comments:

liz said...

I had no idea what they were doing until I saw the pictures later. I laughed so hard! They also made a short video of a snowball fight. If I can figure out how to post it, I will.

GramS said...

This just happened to be the first blog I read today, and as I was reading it, I could picture your boys SO EXCITED, jumping up and down, laughing, shouting to come to the window to look, etc...then I got to the "Insteads". I think you captured your boys actions quite well with these words, Mar. Now I'd better check in on Taylor and Laurel. Love, Mom