Sunday, September 2, 2007

Christopher's Turn


Is it the end of summer that is bringing on all the accidents in our house? I don't think it can be. These guys don't even realize that it IS the end of summer! So what's the deal?!

Saturday was Christopher's day for accidents. Poor guy only has two bottom teeth, but that can be a problem when you're in the bathroom using the stool to try to reach up to pull the towel off the counter by the sink and the stool slips out from under you. I watched it happen in slow motion from across the kitchen and I knew exactly what was going to happen. As he was reaching up, he was balancing himself on the footstool and it slipped under him. He came crashing down, whacking his chin on the stool. By the time I got over to him, I saw blood coming from his mouth. His two little teeth had cut into the toothless upper gum and I could tell that it was really hurting!! I tried the freezie thing on him, too, but he wasn't interested either. He just wanted to cry and have me hold him. I didn't complain!

By bath time, that incident was forgotten, but he wanted to add another bit of excitement to his day. The boys were all three in the tub having a great time. Christopher decided to stand up in the tub, even though he had been warned how many times before that he needed to sit down! Well, I saw another slow motion accident happening in front of my eyes. I watched Christopher stand up, lean over the tub and then just slip like a seal at Sea World right over the edge toward the tile floor! I dove over to grab him, managed to do so, but then he slipped out of my hands back into the tub and landed on his back with a huge splash that surprised all of us! Once again I heard the echoes of the warning never to leave your child in the tub unattended!

Thankfully all is well now. I know that these are probably the simplest of accidents that he will encounter in his life, but that's enough for me right now. We have boys. I think I just have to get used to seeing injuries with blood and scrapes and broken bones and huge lips, etc. In the meantime, every night Fred and I still pray that God would protect them from all those potential dangers that are just calling out for them!

2 comments:

liz said...

Great picture! He just gets cuter.

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Surely you've noticed Boy #3 is Monkey See/Monkey Do with older brothers... YIKES! It's scary, isn't it?
Raising Boys... the reason God invented chocolate therapy...

Katie