Saturday, September 15, 2007

Birthday Boys!




Today we celebrated Timothy and Christopher's birthdays! Yes, both of them share the 15th of September as their birth day. Timothy turned three today and Christopher is celebrating his first birthday. We decided to have a Lego birthday this year since that had been the plan for Timothy's birthday last year, but it never happened.
Last year, Stephen and Timothy and I were in the kitchen looking at pictures of Lego birthday cakes on the internet when my water broke and the adventure of Christopher's birth began. It was the day before Timothy's second birthday and we weren't expecting the new baby until sometime in October! Surprise, surprise! When Aunt Joanna (who had the boys while I was in the hospital) found out that Timothy was supposed to have a Lego cake for his birthday, she made a cake and put some Legos on it. He was happy about it, but this year decided that he wanted the Lego cake that he saw on the computer instead. I attempted to recreate what I saw on that website, but as you can tell from my pictures, I'm no cake decorator!
We had fun tonight at our Lego party! Auntie Esther brought some Lego candies that actually worked like the real ones, except that you can eat these! I finished decorating the cake with the ones that the kids let me have! We had Lego fruit snacks that Aunt Miriam got for us from the States and shared them with all of our cousins. We built with Legos (mostly the candy ones so that some could be snitched every so often). We ate our Lego cake. We had fun!
Grandpa and Grandma Schley called Timothy to sing Happy Birthday and I really wish I could have been videotaping the whole thing! First of all, they sounded pretty good singing together over Skype, and secondly, Timothy was so thrilled to have them sing to him! He was grinning from ear to ear and had the most amusing expression on his face as he listened. He loved every bit of the attention!
My little boys are growing up! It's hard to believe that Christopher is already a year old and little Timothy is three! He starts Sunday School tomorrow and couldn't be more thrilled! A grandmother friend of mine emailed me today and told me to enjoy these younger years because before I know it, I'll be an empty nester like her. It's hard to imagine that at this stage, but just looking back on how fast this past year has gone, I can see why she would say that.
So, Happy Birthday to my precious little boys who are growing up so fast! I love you, Timothy and Christopher, and may God give you many more happy birthdays in your lives!

2 comments:

liz said...

I wish we could have been there! The cake looks great!

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

this looks like so much fun!

Went to adoption court for Aaron today :) He's officially MILLERIZED. His birthday is next month... we'll hope for a Lego cake from Mrs. Martha!

Katie