Friday, February 17, 2012

Christopher's Hands

This morning Christopher wanted me to help him get dressed.  At five years old, I know that he is more than capable of doing this himself, but for some reason it must have seemed overwhelming to him today.  I said to him, "You do it yourself.  You've got hands!"  He replied with a smile, "I've got hands, but I don't want to use them for this."

(I have a book of quotes and comments that I've kept for Stephen and Timothy since they were little and for some reason - third child syndrome I'm thinking - I didn't do that for Christopher.  The other day we were looking back at old blog posts of when the kids were very little and we were laughing at the things that they said. I told Christopher that I would start writing down some of his sayings on here so that we have them for the future.  Stay tuned for some of his funny lines!)

3 comments:

heidiannie said...

Good idea keeping a record!
Jordan's best observations are still used around here!
He said his socks had the woobie-woobies when they weren't fitted exactly on his feet before we put his shoes on. Last week I had the same problem and mentioned it to Allyson- that my socks were bothering me- and she said," Ahh- you have the woobie-woobies?"
And if he didn't like a pair of pants, he said "They look like George." Jordan didn't know anyone named George so it took a long time to come to the meaning of his expression.

Peg Toth said...

sounds like Grandma' diary comments. They're really funny when I read some of them now. A few weeks ago Josiah (almost 4) asked me "Grandma, did you have any children that lived?" Wow! That was hard to answer without laughing at how serious he was.
Keep those comments coming. We enjoy them.

GramS said...

I love the idea of reading their thoughts years later. I published lots of your growing-up incidents in the Trading Post years ago! They're fun to re-read.
Keep on printing them out for us to enjoy, too.