Tuesday, July 26, 2011

And Now ... the Rest of the Story

You don't think that the incident we had with the carrier on the way home from Virginia was the end of the story, do you? Well, read on, dear friends. Read on.

Fred and I left the carrier on top of the van because we're going to the cottage this weekend for a week and we decided to keep it on instead of taking it on and off. WELL......I was coming back home from a visit with my friend Jenny today when all of a sudden I heard flapping around on top and saw the straps that were once securely tucked inside the carrier now flapping behind me. A transport truck was flashing it's lights at me so I pulled over on the 401 as soon as I could and saw that the other lock had now lifted from it's secure position and the straps that were stored INSIDE were now hanging outside and nothing was secure anymore.

I climbed up and tried to pull the straps back into place to maybe secure it again when a truck stopped in front of me. I heard the beeping of it backing up and thought, "This is the last thing that I need right now - some trucker telling me what to do and trying to 'help' me." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the guy get out of his truck and run over to me. Can you believe, it was Chris, Jenny's husband!! He had seen me on the side of the road and thought, Look at that. Someone else is having problems with their carrier (because he had read my blog last night and laughed about it, so said Jenny), I'd better stop. Once he stopped, he saw that it was ME! How amazing that God allowed HIM to be on the 401 at that exact moment! Chris climbed right up there and buckled that thing down like it was no big deal at all.  I couldn't have gotten it strapped up without him there. What an amazing blessing to have him on that 401, see me, and then stop just when I needed it.!!  Thank you, Lord!

Now, I hope that this really is the end of the story.
Anyone want a car carrier?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thank God for His provision of a friend to help you. I hope there are no further incidents and I hope you have a great vacation. Lilly

Pelican Grey said...

I'm glad that everything worked out well with the carrier and with Chris showing up:) You might want to use all the rope you can get to tie that baby down! have a great week:)

heidiannie said...

Maybe you should look for another way to transport your belongings?
That is amazingly dangerous- I wouldn't want to be driving around with that kind of worry over my head!
I just saw that you had written today- sorry I didn't come here sooner!