Friday, July 6, 2007

I'm Worried

I'm worried because I'm starting to see "Roger" tendancies in Stephen. This afternoon I walked outside to a boy-made web of my new ball of string! I wish that I could have captured it on film so that you could all appreciate what I saw, but trust me, if you come here, you'll still be able to see it for yourself. It'll take days to get this web untangled and removed!

Stephen started immediately out the deck door with his web. He walked around the deck, winding the string around any and all objects that were there. He walked down the stairs to the backyard, but he didn't just go straight down the stairs with that string. No. He had to weave it in and out and up and down each and every step! He would drop the ball down to the ground, run down, wrap it around the deck post or the garden hose or the drain pipe or whatever was near, run back up the stairs and go to the next one and do it all over again. By the time I had gone outside to see what he was up to for so long, I saw the string stretched over to the other side of the house, around the rain barrel and disappeared up the hill. I didn't even really want to know where all he had taken it from there! I just hoped it wasn't wrapped around the neighbor's tree or his little water fountain in the front yard or something.

I must admit, he was quite creative in his endeavors. I'm sure he had a lot of fun using up my ball of string, too. When I asked him to wind it back up for me, he must have misunderstood (ha ha), because he brought it into the house to continue to unwind it around the kitchen. Unbelievable!

What I CAN be thankful for is that he did NOT manage to tie himself to the deck, like a certain brother of mine managed to tie himself to a tree one Sunday night. I didn't have the heart to really let him have it for using up my string. There was no damage done. There's just a LOT of string still hanging around the deck and the yard.

I'm worried, though. What's he going to get into next? I'm thankful we don't have any timing belts hanging around our house! I just don't want to deal with a little boy who has the urge to slip one over his head ... twice! (Sorry, Rog. Couldn't resist the jab. :)

No comments: