Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Power of a Father's Voice

I experienced something so incredible today that I just have to share it with you!  My friends, Dan and Corina, have been fostering a tiny little, beautiful newborn girl since the end of September.  This precious little girl is just now starting to be more alert and active when she's awake and is just captivating to look at!

Well, this morning Corina was working with the Junior Choir in the Sunday School department, and Dan, being a minister, was helping with the morning worship services and I, yes I, got to take care of Baby A!!  (Have I mentioned how cute this little one is?!)

Anyway, since Baby A has always been quite content and quiet, I decided to take her into the sanctuary and we sat a few rows up from the back.  She started to get fussy, so I took her out of her car seat and was holding her, trying to get her to settle and get back into her contented position.  That wasn't happening.  She was squirming and squeaking and was NOT a happy camper at all ....

Until Dan started to pray.

Oh, how I wish I could have captured that moment so that I could show it to Dan now!  Within a few words of his prayer, little Baby A stopped her squirming and squeaking and began to relax, just looking up at the bright lights and not moving a muscle!  I'm so very convinced that she recognized his voice and his voice brought peace to her little mind and body!

When I shared this with Dan and Corina after the services, I found out that Dan is usually the one who does the night feedings and that he often talks to her during this time.  How precious!  Baby A heard her "father's" voice and it immediately brought peace and security to her! 

How many times am I squirming and squeaking and trying to find a comfortable position in my life, but can't find it ... until I hear my Father's voice ... and He soothes me and gives me security and provides peace again.  Knowing that He is near, even when I can't see Him or feel Him, but just hear His voice, I am able to calm down and relax and trust that He is near enough to protect me...and then I can fall asleep in peace and assurance.

I feel so honored to have been part of this display of trust between Baby A and her "father" this morning.  This is one of those life lessons that won't be forgotten for me!

2 comments:

Bukan Saya said...

This is a very good post. Just wonderful. Truly, I am amazed at what informative things you've told us today. Thanks a million for that. Cerita Hot : Ngentot Kimcil

Gold Trading Tips said...

Nice and superb post regarding "The Power of a Father's Voice"

MCX Tips
Commodity Trading Tips