Thursday, December 6, 2012

I'm Here! Really, I Am

When I first started blogging, I was so excited!  I had so many ideas of things to write about, so many activities that I wanted to share, so many pictures I wanted to post!  I had to hold myself back from posting too many times in a day because I thought that I really should just keep to one per day (some unwritten rule in my head, I guess).  Now, here I am several years later and days, weeks, and yes, even months go by without a post anymore.  I'm so sorry to all of you faithful blog-checkers.  Don't take it personally.

I guess I kind of lost my steam.  I do love to write, and I love to tell stories and I do miss blogging, but it just seems like this whole change-of-life stuff that goes on when you're in your mid-40's (or beyond) has just sucked brain cells from my head.  Half the time I can't even finish a sentence that I'm speaking to my kids so to sit down and try to remember what I thought was so pertinent to share on a blog just doesn't happen anymore.  I could write things down so that I don't forget, but if I go to all the trouble of doing that, I may as well sit right down and type it onto the blog because otherwise I'd probably forget where I put the paper that I had written down my thoughts...so that I wouldn't forget.  Those of you who are right here with me in life, you get what I mean. 

Shel Silverstein wrote the most hilarious poem that the boys ask me to read on a regular basis.  They think it's funny.  I think it's reality.  It goes like this:

The Loser
from the book "Where the Sidewalk Ends" (1974)

Mama said I'd lose my head
if it wasn't fastened on.
Today I guess it wasn't
'cause while playing with my cousin
it fell off and rolled away
and now it's gone.

And I can't look for it
'cause my eyes are in it,
and I can't call to it
'cause my mouth is on it
(couldn't hear me anyway
'cause my ears are on it),
can't even think about it
'cause my brain is in it.
So I guess I'll sit down
on this rock
and rest for just a minute...
 
And of course, he sits down on a "rock" which is really his head.   The boys crack up at this every single time I read it, yet this is how I feel many days.  I hear that once women pass this stage of life, they DO regain some of their brain function back.  I'm looking forward to that day!
 
So my dear, faithful blog-followers, don't give up hope!  I'll be here!  I'll try to be more consistent and faithful in posting anything because I know you do care.  Do me a favor, though.  If I post and you read it, feel free to comment so that I know I'm not just writing to cyberspace alone.  It's always nice to know that someone is on the other end reading what I've taken the time to write.
 
Until the next inspiration hits.....go with God, and be thankful for your day!  I'll be back soon.


1 comment:

heidiannie said...

Blogging can get to be a burden and that isn't good, either, but it is a way to reach out to friends you don't get to see on a weekly basis!
I'm a faithful commenter- but that is because I need comments to keep me going- and I've found that people are more willing to comment if you answer their comment.
Anyway, don't give up, Martha, even if it doesn't get better, neglecting your skill set can make it even worse!