Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Friend

My heart is heavy today. I received some very sad news about my best friend from high school yesterday. According to her sister, my friend's little daughter found her yesterday morning after she had passed away. There is all kind of speculation as to what happened but I'm not here to spread rumors or tell breath-taking stories. All I know is that my friend is gone at the age of 43, leaving behind three children, one grandchild and a lifetime full of friends and I am sad. Even though I haven't had much contact with her at all over the past 25 years, there will still be a hole there where my friend used to be.

I know most of you don't know her, but that's ok. I'm really just writing this for myself because I'm so sad to think that I will never have the opportunity to spend time with her again. It was so sudden and no one was prepared for this. Madelyn was beautiful, intelligent and knew what it meant to be a friend. I sure will miss her.

7 comments:

GramS said...

Praying for you and your loss, Mar.
I'm feeling the sadness, too, knowing how good of a friendship you two had.
We're planning to be at her memorial, and give her Mom a hug from you, too.
I was so sorry to hear this.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Martha. I love you. Lilly

liz said...

I'm so grateful she had you as a friend--you're one of the best I know.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. ((hugs)) I will pray for you and her family. I'm sure she was glad to have you as a friend too. I know I am.

Jenny

LindaSue said...

I saw references on facebook about your friend but wasn't sure what was going on..finally catching up on blogs. So very sorry for the loss of your friend, Mar. Like Liz says, you're one of the best I know...I love you,
Lin

Pauser said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this sad news. Praying for you, for the loss of your friend and for your friend's family.

heidiannie said...

It is hard to lose anyone you love to death. Sometimes, we can be assured of meeting them again in Eternity and that softens the blow, but it still hurts.
It is really hard to start losing those that are your contemporaries.
Older people- well- it happens. But someone close to your age- ouch. It is like you feel a cold hand on your shoulder. Since I'm well on my way to becoming an older people it is happening more often than I'd like.
I agree with your family- she was fortunate to have you as a friend to mourn her passing.