Saturday, June 26, 2010

Father's Day Spice

Fred got the most amazing Father's Day gift from Timothy that their class at school made this year. It's so amazing that I think I've used it more than the father around here! Of course, Timothy makes sure I ask Daddy for permission before I use it each time. This gift is a little jar of spice mix called "Father's Day Spice" and it came with the recipe that I want to share with you. Naturally, you'll be using Watkins spices to get a superior flavor!

Father's Day Spice
1 tbsp kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne

Try it. You'll be hooked and won't want to buy another commercial spice again!

2 comments:

GramS said...

That sounds easy enough. I can just picture all the little washed hands and measuring spoons taking turns to fill their little Fathers' Day jar. I'll try it. I love to add pepper to my things. Thanks, Timothy.

a.peg said...

Yeah, I hope they did wash their hands. (:D Sounds good and I have all the Watkins ingredients to make it. Thanks for sharing. (You can keep making it and refilling Fred's jar...you know, like the cruse of oil that never ran out....