Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We're Still Here!

Don't worry everyone! We're still here ... I just haven't gotten to blog for ages as you can see. I don't really have time to do major posts right now either, but I WILL bring you a bit up to date on things.

I realize that I left a lot of you hanging about Stephen and his arm. My apologies. Things just went way too fast there that week and then we had to leave for Ohio and then Virginia the next day. Stephen's arm is most likely fractured. The x-rays still didn't show anything, but when the doctor at the Fracture Clinic looked at it on Friday, a week after it happened, he said that Stephen showed every indication that it was a greenstick fracture. He decided to treat it as a fracture and put a cast on it to make sure that it does heal properly. Stephen chose a nice, solid red color for his cast because his favorite color is red. He didn't really want it on before going to Camp because he was afraid that everyone would be asking him what happened. And that's exactly what happened. In retrospect, I should have had a shirt made for him that said, "I JUMPED OFF THE EDGE OF THE SLIDE" and let him wear it every day. Poor kid didn't even want to look at anyone who asked what happened after about the 100th time. There were about 841 people there this year and a LOT of people had to stop, ask what happened, and then share their own story. Stephen didn't really care. I did, though, so I listened to all the stories people wanted to share! Hahaha

Camp, in a nutshell, was wonderful! This was our first year without a stroller and I really enjoyed the age of the kids this year. Christopher was supposed to be in the 3 year old class this year, but he decided to hang on Mommy instead. That was fine, except for the day that I had to do a forum and he decided to stick with me. My sister-in-law was a sweetheart and sat with him in the front row while I was doing my presentation and then took him outside when he got bored. I'm so thankful she was there, otherwise, he would have been sitting on my lap!! Still, it was a great year. When you go to Camp with children, you must go with NO expectations of anything and then you end up having such a blessed week! This is what I did again this year and can you believe, it was the first year in seven that I didn't have the mid-week meltdown because I was the one who was stressed?! I loved it!

We stopped by Syracuse, NY on our way home last week to break up our trip a bit. We stayed with our friends Scott and Miriam and their two girls (the boys were in Ohio doing the after-camp thing, complete with a day at Cedar Point on Monday...remember that?! It's still going on with the next generation!) We headed home on Sunday afternoon and then stopped at Niagara Falls for a quick visit as well. Niagara Falls pales in comparison to Karen's pictures of Iguazu Falls in Paraguay, but hey. This is what we have here, so we enjoy them and appreciate God's beauty here!

I'll update more later. Lots of little things happened in the past few weeks, but this is where we've been in a nutshell. And all of you lurkers that identified yourselves to me at Camp last week, I'm glad to know you're out there! Feel free to comment so that I know you're still around.

4 comments:

GramS said...

Nice hearing from you again. Glad you're back. Glad you had a great time at camp. You're building lots of memories for the boys.
As for the Falls, remember, "ours" comes over much more concentrated than theirs. They both have their beauty! And I've never seen those little animals in either US or Canada. :)

a.peg said...

And, I didn't even notice Stephen's red cast! Maybe because he was wiggling so quick at the dining room table. He seemed to be enjoying himself! (We did, too!)

heidiannie said...

I'm still here, but I don't lurk- I shout out "HI, anyone home?"
Bonding over broken limbs may make lifetime friends- let's hope so!

liz said...

Camp without strollers---ahhhhh!