Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm Tired!

I don't think I've felt this tired for a long, long time! I've had such a busy week and now I'm ready to crash. But I can't yet. I still have to work on my Sunday School lesson, make tomorrow's lunch, get our clothes ready for tomorrow, empty the dishwasher, sweep the floor, finalize my Watkins event from today .... the list goes on.

I think my problem is a result of a couple of days of sleep deprivation. This week I had a Cookie Kitchen order for a bridal shower that needed to be ready for pick up today. Today I also had an interesting Watkins-related day. Both of these events had deadlines that I had to meet and a lot of my preparations for these had to be done at the last minute. That's why I had to stay up so late and get up so early to get everything done the past few days. Besides that, I had the privilege of spending the night with my cousin, Bianca, since she lives so close to my Watkins event today. We stayed up way too late talking and I had to be up and out the door way too early this morning. I'm tired!! Forty-one year old women don't do well at late night sleepovers.

Today I was in Loweville, Ontario (Ever heard of that? Me neither ... until now!). I participated in a Home Parties Event as a Watkins representative. I had a table along with 23 other vendors such as Pampered Chef, Tupperware, PartyLite, Discovery Toys, etc. What a great day! I take after Mom and love meeting new people and talking to them, so this was a perfect opportunity for me today. People would stop by my table and sample the dips, the MSG-free chicken soup, the peppers, try on the lotions, spray the cleaners, etc. My favorite customers, by far, were the little old ladies that would turn the corner to my table, see the products displayed and gasp with wonder. "Watkins! I haven't seen Watkins for YEARS! I didn't know they were even around anymore! Can I smell this? Oooohhhhh! It's the same smell as when I was a little girl! Look! The packaging is still the same, too!" Remember now, these are little old ladies talking here ... little old ladies with hearing aides turned down because of all the background din, so they are speaking quite loudly at this point... and I'm hollering back at them so that they can hear ME! What fun it was to talk to them. Some of them even remembered the name of the Watkins Man that would come by their house every week with his goods, and then he'd sit and have coffee with their dad. It was such a joy to listen to their stories of their childhoods and hear their excitement of seeing something from their past that hasn't changed. It was also interesting to see some of them write their e-mail addresses down on their orders because they want to be included in my mailing list! Sweet ladies. They were the highlights of my day.

So my event is over. The cookies have been picked up. The boys are in bed. I still have all those things to do, but this little break here has rejuvenated me. I've got my second wind so I'd better get going before it dies out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those little old ladies sound something like me with the hearing aids, etc.! I'd love to have been at that event. Not just for Watkins. I took 4 differend dips to D-town today for vegies to snack on. They were almost all wiped out. Now, all I have to do is get them to order some mixes for their families!

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

I'm exhausted just from reading about this!!! Wow!
Of course, like you, I would have loved meeting all those new people :-)

GramS said...

This sounded like a fun day. I think the busier I am sometimes, the happier I am when it's all done and over...not just because it's done, either...just that everything GOT done in time.
I'm glad you liked visiting the new people. That's a "fun" thing I learned from Gramp P.

LindaSue said...

I love hearing the stories both from "old Watkins dealers" as well as memories of the Watkins man coming to the house...they're so fun!

Glad you had such a great day!