Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Yes, I Update Now!


On April 21, our family was honored to be invited to Marjie and John's wedding in Akron. What a fun wedding this was to attend! We got to visit with people that we haven't seen for ages ... including one friend that I had gone to the Akron Area CFG with for years. While my sister, Liz, and I were talking, this friend came up, so excited to say hello to us because we hadn't seen each other for probably 15 or so years. He said how glad he was that I was able to make it to the wedding and had wondered if I would be there. Commenting that I wouldn't miss this for the world, I wondered why he was so excited that I would be at Marj's wedding. He proceeded to ask when I came in to town and how long I would be there and seemed quite surprised that it was for such a short amount of time (Friday night until Sunday afternoon). He said, "I really enjoy reading your updates that you send." Liz blurted out at me, "YOU update?!" "No, I don't update!" "Why don't you ever send ME your updates?!" "Because I don't update!" Oohhhh.... he thought I was my sister, KAREN!!! No wonder he was so surprised that I would come all the way to Marjie's wedding from Paraguay for such a short weekend! After we got the confusion all cleared up, we enjoyed catching up briefly with everyone and went on our way. This whole incident got me thinking though, that maybe I SHOULD "update" like Karen does. So ... this is for you, Liz, and for all my other family and friends who would be interested in my updates.

More on our family in future posts, but just a note here tonight: we have thunderstorms today in Kitchener. Tonight as we were reading our bedtime stories there was one particularly loud and rumbling boom of thunder and Timothy said, "That thunder made my body wiggle." That's one for his book, Mom.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Welcome to the club!

liz said...

Mar, that conversation with Albert was so hilarious and I had almost completely forgotten it! Glad you now update. Anyone interested in my updates?